Thursday, May 7, 2009

But I'm Addicted

We have had a little problem with Austin disobeying us this week. If we say no and he wants to do it anyway he just sneaks and does it. He has begged and begged for chocolate pop tarts. Something I rarely get but he has begged a lot that he needed them bad. Sooo, against my better judgment I bought him some. He had a package yesterday morning and one after school. At bedtime I told him NO, no snacks, no pop tart, just go to bed. About 20 mins later Jon went back into the kitchen and realized someone had sneaked a pop tart. So, he went upstairs to get him in trouble for not listening to his mom and this is what he had to say.

Jon: Why did you sneak a pop tart Austin after you mother told you no?
Austin: I had to
Jon: No you didn't
Austin: calmly and very serious stated "but dad I am really addicted to these things and I just can't help myself so if you don't want me to have one you are going to have to hide them!"

Jon came back down and I asked what privelage he lost and he told me nothing because he couldn't do it with a straight face and Austin did have a great explanation. AYKM!

1 comments:

Kris said...

Dad's are such suckers. We as moms could have still punished while inside cracking up and appreciating our little clever one!