Lots of activity going on around here! It was a crazy weekend. Friday night Ali and I went down to the Hilton at Hobby airport to spend the night and get ready for the dance competition. We watched a girly movie and hit the hay around 930 pm. It was fun, quality time. The point of going down there was so we didn't have to get up at 5:30 a.m. and get hair, make-up, etc done and get down there by 7 a.m. However, this didn't work out because Ali woke up at 5 a.m. and was wound UP! Another reason for staying down there was so I would have a place to rest for part of the day. Ali's solo was at 8 a.m. and she didn't dance again until 6:30 p.m. for her group dance. I never really got to rest we went back up for a whopping 40 mins to lay down before they kicked us out. It was an exhausting day! Ali received a gold for her solo, Superstar and a 2nd place trophy and another gold for the group dance, Hound Dog. We returned home about 845 p.m. on Saturday. Where I encountered......
Austin! He wouldn't get out of my bed and told his dad to sleep upstairs because he was sleeping with his mommy. Jon called him a "momma's boy" and he said "yes I am"! I had to love on him quite a while and it took me forever to convince him that he was not sleeping with mommy. I asked him if he was upset and he said no he was scared because "I thought you left me forever"! Silly kid, I explained that NO, I would not leave him forever but sometimes I am going for just a little bit at a time. He said okay and went to bed.
Sunday morning! Well, really we should just skip this morning all together. Long story short:
1) 915 a.m. - it was Hannah Montana at the rodeo day and we were to leave at 11:30 a.m.
2) 10 a.m. - I realized I can't find the one extra ticket to the performance. I had 4 seats from our season tickets and we bought one extra so that Courtney and Macy could go with Mattie, Alison, and myself.
3) 10:30 a.m. house is torn apart and can't find the ticket panic is setting in
4) 10:45 a.m. call Courtney to tell her and of course being the awesome friend she is she tells me to just calm down, it all happens for a reason, it will work out -- okay but we are obviously not leaving on time as I haven't even had a shower
5) 11:00 a.m. realize it might be in my car which is in the shop, travel down to the dealership (on a Sunday) and find the maintenance guy who unlocks the shop and car is nowhere to be found
6) 11:15 a.m. call husband to find out where the car was exactly when he went by on Friday night to retrieve the dance shoes -- nope not there, has someon taken our car home for the weekend???
7) 11:30 a.m. drive home and call Courtney - can't find the ticket so we decide I will probably just have to take the girls
8) 11:45 a.m. at home the guilt is eating me up, look for it some more, have no place left to look
9) 12:00 pm get in the shower, wash greasy hair, stress some more because I am letting everyone down and am ignorant. (people I have no memory at all any more and it bothers me)
10) 12:15 pm call Courtney and ask her to bring Macy here so I can finish getting ready because we need to leave soon to get down there with the other 80,000 people
11) 12:45 pm leave for rodeo with three girls by my lonesome self (sigh)
12) 1:30 pm find parking for $20 that is only about a mile walk -- felt semi-lucky here
13) go in and wait in the longest line I have ever seen about 300 people by my quick counts to get into the carnival - waited for over 30 mins
14) threaten girls to not let go of each other because they will all be lost
15) realize riding rides is not going to happen with the long lines and told girls to pick their one favorite - my girls love the bubble house and Macy was good with this so we trotted off to the other side of carnival (of course)
16) 1 hr and 30 mins later we have done the bubble house and one other ride it is now 330 rodeo starts at 345, I haven't fed the girls lunch yet
17) go eat and these girls each finished off HUGE sausage sticks and HUGE corn dogs - 1 each! WOW!
18) go into rodeo, buy t-shirts for $35/each GULP!, make everyone go to the bathroom
19) sit down in our chairs at 5 p.m. Whew! I think the show will start around 5:30 we should be set
20) 555pm show has not started and Mattie has to go potty, but of course, haul everyone back up, stand in a line, no toilet paper, get everyone paper towels, we sit back down as the lights went out YAHOO!
21) Hannah Montana came out and everyone went wild - well except Mattie who for some reason was mad and had her lip hanging out. Won't speak to me
22) 5 songs later - Mattie says she doesn't want to see Hannah she only wants to see Miley Cyrus. Oh BOY!
23) 6 songs later and out came Miley then
24) Billy Ray - yippee the moms are now wild and he sings two songs, back to Miley
25) Concert lasts 1 hour and 15 mins and was really good with lots of dancing and costume changes, etc. (Oh I forgot Macy fell asleep during the rodeo it was funny)
26) 2nd to last song, Mattie has to go to the bathroom again, force her to hold it, run to the bathroom, wait in a line with her dancing to hold it, no toilet paper, no paper towels, we used the seat protectors (talk about plugged up toilets)
27) go outside and trot another 1 mile + back to the car with 3 very tired, feet hurting girls
28) get to the car, actually got out of there pretty quick, then hit 610 to a massive traffic accident held us up a bit but took only about 50 mins total to drop off Macy so not bad
29) get home and tell the girls to go to bed dirty :-) I am ready to drop! and then I encountered ......
Austin! Mommy! Austin why are you not in bed? "I was scared you left me for a whole week!" Austin, I told you last night mommy will not leave you... interrupts.... "You said you wouldn't leave me forever but you didn't tell me how long"! OH BOY!
is anyone still reading this? ha ha ha
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Lots of Activity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I am cracking up...the things we do for our kids I tell ya! Tate so wanted to go and I told her "no tickets". Friday morning she hops in the car before me (I was heating it up) as I get in she is screaming for me to hurr..."Mom..you siad there were no more Hannah tickets..this man on the radio said to call him right now and he would give them to you!" Thanks Man!
Post a Comment