Tuesday, July 29, 2008

God has spoken!

Okay, I am now listening to God because all of this can truly be no other. I am not a good listener and he really had to work at it with me but.....

1st we are supposed to leave on our trip and I have been strugglling all day to pack and get ready. Jon was to be home at 4 pm (which he actually was) and we were going to leave. I was already running about 1 1/2 -2 hours late. We were packing the top of the car (yes, we have that much stuff, beach stuff went up there) when we realized Austin was laying down and not moving. Way unusual. Then I said you know he has been saying for a couple of hours or so that his tummy hurt. Of course I was too busy to notice. Brought him in and took his temp 101. Hmmm, not good. Our plan was to drive to Baton Rouge tonight then Pigeon Forge the next day. Jon decided it would be best if we left tomorrow instead.

Okay, dosed him up with motrin, cancelled the hotel reservation in Baton Rouge. Called and begged the cabin people in Pigeon Forge to let us slide those three nights back one night. They were not happy and really didn't want to but luckily the cabin wasn't booked Saturday night. (of course it costs more now but oh well) and we prayed that we would be able to leave the next day because they were unwilling to make any further changes. No possible way we can make it 16 hours to Pigeon Forge in one day and that is only drive time estimates, not stopping.

Okay, get all that arranged, finished packing, etc. Order a pizza for dinner, eat,and discuss that God must really not want us on the road tonight or wants to keep pushing our trip back. Originally we had planned to leave on Wed and do this all a day later anyway and just changed that last week. Then we realize Austin is now back among the living. Totally under the influence of Motrin but bouncing off the walls so Jon thinks maybe we should go after all. Okay, he goes to fill up and we all tidy the house. I sit down to make the reservations back at the hotel I just cancelled and it shows it is full. WHAT!?!?!? I call them and they tell me they are completely sold out. I question this as I just cancelled not even an hour before and was told nope, they are completely sold out. Check the one down the road and guess what SOLD OUT! -- Okay I am freaking out now at all the roadblocks and signs that I am so trying to ignore. Tell Jon and he asks about Lafayette, okay I reluctantly look and guess what both hotels SOLD OUT! (I am sure another chain would have been open but we normally stay at Hilton hotels for the points) Okay, that was it we are staying home tonight. This is too much -in your face-- for us!

Brittany can just move in here tomorrow instead. :-) We are faithfully now listening to God even though he had to get a little rough with us.

0 comments: