1st this is nothing bad in my life (have to clarify that upfront because you never know) but it is still bothering me so I thought I would blog about it and get it out my system. :-) We took the kids to the circus yesterday. Jon's company has an employee's club that offers discounted tickets to stuff and normally we don't use it but decided to give it a try for the discounted circus tickets. We ended up sitting in an entire section of people from Jon's company. He really didn't know any of them and they were from all different nationalities. They have a huge expatriate population here in the U.S. and it seemed most of them fit this category. This is not a problem for me as I worked with expatriates all of the world for Halliburton/Dresser/Precision Drilling for 10+ years and LOVED it. I would love to move overseas and love all the different cultures but I have to say I was shocked and offended when the flag came out and everyone was asked to stand for the Star Spangled Banner and the people in front of us (European) did not stand up but sat there and continued to eat. They were the only ones in the entire place that did not stand. Even the wife and 3 small children of one man stood and he sat there and stuffed his face with nachos. I understand that the American Flag might not be the flag of their home country and they do not have to sing or put their hand on their heart but come on show some class and respect for others in a country WHERE YOU FREAKING LIVE and stand you HINEY up! I would never think to show this disrespect in another country. Okay, so it irritated me a bit.....
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment