Monday, September 8, 2008

Sandra - Casa de Misericordia

I am not quite ready to share my experiences from the mission trip to Piedras Negras, Mexico as I am still emotionally drained but there are a couple of things I want to share while they are at my fingertips. This is a picture of Sandra, who I quickly fell in love with. She is 13 and will be 14 in February. She has a wonderful heart, is really smart, and has a giving spirit about her and is a little shy. There is a church group from San Antonio that goes there the first Saturday of every month and does the birthday parties for that month. One of the older men from this group told her while we were there he was starting the process to adopt her. He was a professor at UT and the process takes about 1 1/2 years but what hope it will give her that someone is trying to bring her into their family. This man told me that she and her sister were severely beaten and abused. About 3 months ago their mother came to the orphanage and wanted the children back. Her sister left with their mom but Sandra refused to leave and the mother ended up signing over her rights so that she could be adopted. I am going to pray that this adoption goes through!.

0 comments: