Well, I am up again in the middle of the night. I was sleeping peacefully thanks to this awesome bubble bath (that is called something SLEEP) that Courtney gave me. She is trying to help me sleep these days. :-) Anyway, been sleeping okay lately but tonight Jon woke me while he was flopping around (yes I am a very light sleeper). I was going back to sleep and then it hit me.... Not only cannot I not find the digital picture frame I bought for my in-laws for Christmas but the beautiful calendar I made hasn't arrived from being bound and printed yet either. YIKES! So, now I had to get up and check on the shipment and of course it just says shipped and no tracking,date, or otherwise any information. AGH!
Well, here are a couple of pages as proof that I did do the calendar.

So, while I was up I started wandering the house and thinking I really should go back to bed but something led me to turn on the kitchen lights and that led me to think wow I really like our new kitchen table which led me to think... I should take a picture. So here it is. It is counter height and my kids have not fallen off. I can even sit up to 8 people. YEAH!
Well, this picture led me to think... hmmm I love these new little decorations that I found this year for Christmas and they were only .99 cents each so maybe I needed a picture of them too. They are these little red and white balls on sticks...and because I know that you want a closer look.... HA!
This led me to think... hmmm I never have taken pictures of my Christmas Decorations and I do LOVE LOVE LOVE to decorate for Christmas. So here I am in the dark at 3 a.m. taking pictures of decorations all over the house.
Some more fun with the balls on sticks... (okay that is bad perhaps when I wake up and realize what I just wrote I will change the post or perhaps I will leave it for giggles or perhaps I really have lost my mind since all of this is going through my head)The mantle....
My favorite Southern Living purchase this year... a new metal church and the red dishes too. :-)
Blogger really needs to get an easier system for posting these. Perhaps letting me post more than one picture at a time or perhaps at the very least placing the picture where I place it in the post and not having to drag it down each time to the correct placement or even let it drag and scroll at the same time so I don't have to stop every few seconds. URGH!
Shall we go on..!?!??!
The gingerbread house the kids made at the Dalton's Annual Gingerbread Making Party last week. Decided I really didn't have a place for it so it should sit in between one of my nativity sets and maybe be the barn or something...yes I am getting worse by the minute.. Come on I know you are thinking it.
This area just makes me smile but in this picture it looks like a jungled mess.
Well then I decided that the snowman nightlight deserved some picture time which led me to....
Hmmm, I never took pictures of my new bathroom I just updated... Isn't it pretty?I was very proud of the mirror as I got it (well in honesty I didn't even go pick it up my wonderful friend Rebecca called me from Ikea and asked if I needed anything... uh YEAH! a desk and a mirror -- I felt bad but she actually purchased both and dropped off (for FREE) on my front door step -- oh wait she did one better and brought it into the house too) LOVE HER! Anyway the mirror was only 19.99 awesome.. considering all the other ones were over 90 this is a bargain!
Oh, I didn't take a picture of the desk... oh well I'll do that later. Now back to Christmas decorations.. This is the box of bulbs and ribbon that have not been put on the tree upstairs. One could assume that mom is boycotting it as a protest that nobody, not one single person, child or husband helps me decorate for Christmas (Jon does get the stuff out of the attic and puts it up so he says that qualifies for helping -- pooey). My kids don't even like to decorate the tree so I just never finished and stopped when they did.
Here is the tree... but look I did really good this year and stuck to my 3 presents for each child. They are going to think that something weird is going on because I generally over compensate for my lack of things as a child and buy way too much. Nope not this year I think I finally got it right. :-)
A random decoration...
Another favorite find this year...
Now this makes me think what I should be doing is addressing, stuffing, and mailing out Christmas cards. I have purchased them for the past five years straight and that was the year Mattie was born 2003.. and not a single one has been mailed out since. So, my plan is to stuff all 5 years worth into one envelope and send them out. However, I am a little worried that I will look 1) nuts 2) insane 3) weird 4)oh who knows... but hey the other side of my head says that people might get a laugh out of it, a smile on their face, and then can see the age progression of the kids and for those long lost friends we never see they might know that our third child does exist. ( I never mailed her birth announcements either but that is another story).
Here is my favorite tree of all time and it is in my bedroom. Mostly because I love to look at it and I spent most of my time in there (unfortunately, not sleeping) but because I need the ornaments to have a soft landing. This is the tree that did not get put up until last year for the first time because I didn't trust my kids to not mess with and/or break the ornaments (still don't, really). Every ornament on this tree has a special significance to me or our family. I buy the kids ornaments each year based on their likes and activities. This year I added a picture frame ornament for each child, for each year of their life... yes that was 21 frames and I LOVE THEM!
Sorry honey if the flash woke you up at 3:15 a.m. when I took the picture. (actually, I don't think he even moved).
Better try to go to bed now that it is 3:59 a.m. ... but I am having thoughts that maybe if I scan all of my Christmas cards for the past 5 years and post them on my blog it would be the same as mailing them... ha ha ha I need to go to bed before I embarrass myself further and you all wonder about my sanity.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
It is official... I have lost my mind!
Posted by Amy Wine at 3:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
this is reason #982 why i adore you - your blog cracks me up. your house looks amazing! and i adore the church house from s.l. - i think you should totally send out all of the cards from the past five years! - cris
I think I wet my pants laughing so hard! I love you!! Let's see...def. on the cards and heck throw in the darn birth announcement for grins;) LOVE your house and new table and mirror! Great friend to pick up and deliver for you! I have not been sleeping either...Michael has been snoring BAD! Your house looks amazing! Let's see ....think I covered everything..Oh totally keep the "balls on a stick"!
Post a Comment