Tuesday, December 2, 2008

On the Second Day of Christmas...

my true love gave to me... Two trips to the Casa de Misericordia (House of Mercy) Orphanage in Piedras Negras, Mexico. First I went with the Foundry Methodist Church on a Women's Mission Trip this past September. It was just a weekend but a live-changing weekend. One that I will treasure forever. I had the best time with these children and learned a lot about life, love, hope, and family. We are lucky enough to get to go back and this time I am taking the entire family. All 3 kids and Jon are going as well. We are teaming up with our good friends, the Suddaths (Courtney, Jay and their kids Macy and Jackson) and are providing each child with a Christmas Gift and a little birthday party for Jesus. We are still working on the financial part of this but we both understand that God will provide us with what is needed. We are going in two weeks and I can't wait for my kids and Jon to have this experience with me.

0 comments: