Merry Christmas! We spent Christmas Eve being way too busy. Waiting on the in-laws to arrive that were supposed to be here on Tuesday but their flight was delayed 5 hours then cancelled around midnight. We baked some pies, I went to physical therapy, Jon & Mattie went to the airport about 1ish and returned home with 15 minutes to get ready and get to church. We were chosen to light the candle and read the scripture at the 3 pm family service. Austin did a really good job and didn't catch anything on fire and Ali was wonderful in reading the scripture. The girls sang in the choir and then Mattie skipped out on the last song so she could go to the Birthday Party for Jesus. After church, we went to Starbucks, came back home and wrapped some presents, baked some more and then at 6 p.m. we headed over to the Peiffer's house for dinner with their family and the DeBruin's. It was a really nice night although short for me. Austin had been complaining all day he was sick and he did lay around alot. But we drug him along anyway, no fever then no sympathy (sorry buddy). So this morning we were awakened at 610 a.m. by Alison exclaiming that Austin was throwing up all over his bed. I went in with a towel in my hand. He hadn't even bothered to sit up. So with ickies coming out of his mouth and all over he was so very excited and said "Mom, I threw up and I am now HEALED so I can open my presents!" Oh boy, as I gagged with him. Thank God for Jon who can clean that up. UGH! We went to take a shower and see what Santa brought. All the kids were excited (at least Austin and Ali) Mattie didn't get up until a reasonable 7 a.m. So now I have baked another pie some cream cheese cinnamon bars for breakfast, boiled some eggs for Ali to make deviled eggs with and am ready to go back to bed.... Ahhh but we have to open presents...
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Poor Austin! We have had that in our house UGH! I am gagging with you girl..That is Michael's job that is one thing I can not handle!
Merry Christmas and praying Austin feels better soon!
Post a Comment