Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rockets Game, Dancing, and oops Security!!!

Well, the night was finally here and Alison dance with her competition team at the Houston Rockets game. It was an awesome night. 1st Ali danced, then they played against Shaq, Beyonce and Jay-Z were there, and Hakeem Olajuwon was just inducted into the Hall of Fame so they had a ceremony for him at half time. It was a perfect night to be there.


First, the dance was great and they did a wondeful job! Way to go Ali! (pick out the red head) Then we watch the basketball game which was really good. Shaq doesn't do much of anything other than knock people on their buts. I was disappointed. Hakeem Olajuwon received a special honor at half time for joining the Hall of Fame which was really nice to see. The big news was that Beyonce and Jay-Z were there. Here is a pic of Shaq (doing nothing) with B & J in the background next to Hakeem and the Rockets owner.


I took lots of great pictures UNTIL....(drumroll please) just after half time I had just put my camera up for good so I could relax and a couple minutes later. There are 2 security officers staring me down and asking if I was the lady with the camera. I said "I have a camera, yes." They said, "Let's see it!" OKAY! Show them what is in my purse and they said. YOU NEED TO COME WITH US!!! -- Heart rate is quickly increasing, quaking in my shoes, but I really did know what was wrong, but it didn't help my anxiety. So, I picked up the said camera, climb over Austin (who by the way is not phased by this in the least and still eating his popcorn), Glance back at hubby is about ready to explode in laughter I think, Alison is freaking out (thankfully someone cared) and I followed one guard in front of me and one guard behind me all the way up the stairs from the 10th row with the entire place staring at me, pointing, and thinking I was a really BBBAAAADDD person! At the top of the stairs I was greated by 2 more security guards. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! 4 security guards for just me, they fell in line and we kept walking. About 1/2 way around the Toyota Center I finally got up enough nerve to ask if there was a problem (which I knew there was and what it was) and was told YES that my lens was too long and couldn't be more than 4" and I had a professional camera lens that was about 6". 1st - I never considered it professional before but secretly took it as a compliment. However, I was still in panic mode and could feel my heart beating. Somewhere along the way I guess they decided I wasn't a flight risk and I was left with one guard. I was hauled into the police area (THEY HAVE A JAIL CELL IN THERE PEOPLE, WOW!) and questioned as to what I was doing, what I was taking pictures of, yelled at for bringing in the lens. What did I do? I played like a dumb blonde!!!!!! Yep, I did! (the TRUTH: when I came into the Toyota Center I was told that the lens was not allowed and too big but I caused a little nice ruckus in the line and the guard out there told me I didn't have to take it to the car but I was not to use it! Oops! I didn't listen very well!) I even said, they checked my bag coming in and didn't say anything. They were mystified and told me it was VERY OBVIOUS that it was more than 4" so which entrance did I come in. (okay, visions of them calling up said outside security guard popped into my head soo out comes dumb blonde) Well, I came in this side (and pointed) oh no, maybe, it was this side, you know, I am all turned around and can't remember, my husband led me in and I don't think I paid much attention. I am sorry. At this point they were tired of me and I was then escorted to guest services where I had to relinquish said camera and lens. I really thought they would make me delete my pictures or do it for me but they didn't. I was given a claim ticket, told to pick it up after the game and then asked if I thought I would be able to find my way back to my seat (as they pointed in the direction I needed to go) and looked at my like I was pitifully stupid. When I told them I thought I could do that I was then asked if I thought I could remember where to come back and pick up my camera..... (Gosh, I must be a good dumb blonde!)

Luckily, I found my way back to my seat where hubby and Austin are still eating popcorn and Ali was still freaked out. She said "DAD go get mom they are taking her to jail!" He told her not to worry! (COME ON!!!) So, when I came back the crowd cheered and jeered (I was famous and very embarassed) They guy behind us even leaned forward and said to Jon "Your wife is a trouble maker!" Are you kidding me? it is stamped on my forehead - TROUBLE!

It was a fun night to remember.

1 comments:

Kris said...

I am truly laughing so hard! I think I would have peed all over myself! The good news...they didn't delete the photo...are they blonde??