We joined a new gym last week. The kids love it! They even have a basketball court in the kids play area, something 3x bigger than McDonald's playland, big screen t.v.'s, computers, and more. They have a kid fit class as well. They love to go there but their favorite place is the pools, indoor or outdoor with big water slides. I actually have found myself wanting to go there.
Today I had my personal body age assessment. I knew it was going to be bad but.... my body age is 45 (yes I am throwing that right out there). I was pitiful! I won't be posting the individual results of strength, flexibility, oxygen intake, they are all PITIFUL! But if I ever progress I might show a progression. Soo, then after this body assessment you are supposed to set up one free hour with a personal trainer to go through things with you and set you up on a plan. I thought that is perfect! I went ahead and just did this right afterwards, with my new buddy, Emmett. After 30 mins he thought it would be a good idea to stop. THANK GOD! I think I was still quite light headed so I went ahead and signed up for 8 more lessons in May with him. I figured I still needed more help trying to figure out what to do. (gotta have that belly button ring, HA!) So, on the way down to make my payment for these services, (ick) I said what do I need to work on between my two workouts a week with you. He said, cardio! I said, okay for about 30 mins each and he said, NO, 1 hour! YIKES! Are you kidding me I can't do that! He said to plug in the ipod, zone out, and didn't care how fast I went but I better be on a machine for 1 hour - 3x a week. MY HEAD IS SWIRLING! Um, okay I am not sure the treadmill goes slow enough for that! So, then I had the bright idea to ask how long the training sessions were and he says 1 hour each! SWIRLING AGAIN! so I say, and we just did what 30 mins?!?! Yes, mam he says with a smile. I think I about passed out. Not sure, if I have time to run before my debit card was run through the machine!
Emmett had already told me he normally works with athletes so I smiled and said good then I will be a great change of pace for you! He was quite funny and was surprised that I LOVE Football. He said I was the first women he has ever talked that he had an intelligent football conversation with. Ha! That is about the only compliment I will get from him for a long while I think. Check back soon, I think I am going to blog about my escapades with this. IF I can move tomorrow I am going to try and hit a machine for 1 hours, yeah right!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Personal Trainer! Yikes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I am so proud of you!! GO GIRL GO!!!!!!! The IPOD is def. the key!
Hugs and encouragement!!!!
Post a Comment