We went to the Dixie Stampede today and I highly recommend this if you are ever in a place to go. First you eat with your hands, no silverware, Austin LOVED LOVED LOVED this!!! It was a great show that lasts about 1 1/2 hours. Had longhorns, lots of horses, ostriches that were being rode on, chickens, and more. It was really a neat show and you are being fed great food the whole time. The kids favorite part was being brought an entire mini-chicken for each of us.
Jon was picked out of the audience to go down and play a part in the show. We were the North Side and played against the South. Jon representing the north was to play against a guy from the South in a game of horseshoes. The catch: The horseshoes were toilet seats. It was too funny!! Jon was really embarrased I think but he enjoyed it as well. He lost but not by much. We were cracking up and the kids LOVED having their daddy in the show. Mattie was beaming from ear to ear, Austin was amused, Alison was like "I can't believe he is doing this to me" embarassed. I thought it was great. We weren't allowed to take any pictures, bummer.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Dixie Stampede - Loads of Fun!
Posted by Amy Wine at 6:17 PM
Labels: family, family vacation, jon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment