We went on a 3 mile horseback riding adventure today. They all laughed that we came from Texas to ride horses in Tennessee. Actually, one lady said I sounded like I was from Texas. I didn't think I had the accent but from all these accents around here I might have stood out as different. There are some deep southern talkin goin on round here! Jon quickly got held back from the group, he also had Mattie riding with him. His horse decided it wasn't going to go. I waited a bit and yelled back but decided to catch up with the group because Austin and Alison were way ahead of me. I finally got up there and asked the guide to go back for him. He did and came back without them and said he didn't see them. He thought they must have decided to turn back around. But NOPE, we we got up higher on the mountain I could hear Mattie crying. Well Jon's horse decided to go off path and mind you we were on a mountain. A BIG MOUNTAIN in the Smokies. Deep into the brush and trees on a steep hill. Jon was freaking out and trying not to show it for Mattie. We all held up for about 20 minutes while the guide went back and got them. Jon said it took him a good long time to get the horse to cooperate but it finally did and we finished out trip. Took a little over an hour. I really enjoyed it and I think the kids did too. Who knew that my city kids could ride the horses. Alison did it at camp as did Austin but I wasn't worried about her. Austin refused to ride with me which scared me because, well you just never know about him. However, I am now going to start to worry less about that kid because he went up and down this steep mountain, guiding that horse like it was nothing. At one point he said and I quote, "Look mom, no hands!" AGH! Austin hold onto that horse right now. He laughed but did. A little later the cowboy turned around on his horse backwards and was looking at Austin (he was first in the pack and I was about 5 in the pack a good ways behind him and I thought just great Austin is so going to try that. AND about 15 mins later I see Austin flip one leg to the other side and was riding the horse sideways. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! So, I yelled Austin get that leg back over to the other side, he did, he laughed, and I heard the guy say, boy your mom is no fun!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! Anyway, it was a great time. Here are some pics:
Friday, August 1, 2008
Horseback Riding - Gatlinburg, TN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment