School started today and through all my worry it turned out to be AWESOME! I worked in a Kindergarten class today with Austin's teacher from last year. Wow! It was tiring but I LOVED every minute of it. Mattie had a great day and loved riding the bus. Alison loved her teacher and was super impressed that her son in law plays professional baseball for the Oakland A's and will come visit sometime during the school year. Austin seemed really at ease and really enjoyed his first day of school. He even came home happy. This was AWESOME, too!!!
p.s. Austin lost one of his top front teeth last night and today after school something just wasn't right so I asked to look at his teeth and low and behold the other top tooth was missing. Austin did you lose a tooth at school? Yes, I think so! Where? At lunch, but I think I can't find it anywhere! Did you tell your teacher? Hmm, yes but I don't think she heard me do you think the tooth fairy will still come? Yes, you will have to write her a letter. Well okay he says. Austin was very un-phased by this whole thing and this is the 2nd time something mysterious has happened to one of his lost teeth. See January post about swallowing it at Julie Peiffer's house and not really telling anyone there either!
Favorite Things On The First Day of School!
Mattie - painting a flower
Austin - coloring his stallion
Alison - learning and playing a new game
Quote of the afternoon: "First grade is the best grade in school and I am going to stay there forever!" Austin
Quote of the night: "Mommy you make the best chocolate chip cookies in the world!" Mattie
Monday, August 25, 2008
First Day of School!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment