Sunday, August 10, 2008

Great Joy!

I am not sure I have ever experiences great joy in my life. Happiness, yes but not a great peaceful joy. I did last night. We arrived at the beach in Destin and boy those kids helped unpack that car in record time and no complaining. We were at the front door of the house to the beach in about 45 minutes, everything unloaded (some put away - okay only the cold groceries). After about an hour I just sat in my chair and watched. The kids were having an awesome time, all smiling faces and laughing. The beach is beautiful, no seaweed to be seen, white sands, green/blue waters that look like they are falling off the edges of the earth. Not very crowded and oh so very peaceful. I think this is the most relaxed I have been in ages. I sat and cried a bit of happy tears as I watched the kids. Especially Austin. He did not like the beach when we came two years ago, wouldn't go near the water, moaned a lot, couldn't stand the feel of the sand (hates to step on grass barefoot too) BUT this time he was right in it. A little leary at first but then he was jumping and swimming in the waves, building sand castles, doing is stimming a little bit (his running), and had the BIGGEST GRIN I have ever seen planted on his face. Jon and I both said this was the most we have ever seen him smile and laugh in his life. It was AWESOME! They were all up at 630 a.m. ready to go again so we went out and there were little fish swimming everywhere the kids are still out there with Jon trying to catch them. LOVE IT!!

1 comments:

Kris said...

I am so excited for you...to be enjoying God's peace and utter enjoyment in your kids! You have been gone FOREVER! Thanks for keeping us at home in the loop you travel queen!