Friday, January 25, 2008

I thought you were in heaven!

Austin has been full of wonder about heaven, God, death, angels, and so forth for quite a while now. It kind of went a way and now it has come back. He has been concerned about when exactly Jesus died as well. Anyway, his best friend Mitchell has been really sick with strep and the flu this week so he hasn't been at school or on the bus. Austin came home today very worried about Mitchell and asked me "Mom, did Mitchell die and go to heaven?" Uh no, Austin why do you ask? Austin, "he hasn't been on the bus for a long time" Oh, "Mitchell is sick buddy and has been at home" Austin seem relieved by this. Several hours later Mitchell called Austin and I handed him the phone and it goes something like this. (mind you we haven't mentioned the heaven thing to him again)

Mitchell says something about Austin being worried about him.
Austin, "Yes, I thought you were in heaven." no pause "I am watching the bionicle movie and the blue guy is beating up the red guy and ........"

That was it for Austin and he was back in friend and little boy mode! I am sure glad he isn't worried about this any longer.

0 comments: