Friday, January 25, 2008

Visualization

Had another interesting conversation with Austin the other day....

Austin: Mom, I know how to spell cart!
Mom: Wow, Austin that is great can you tell me?
Austin: C-A-T
Mom: I think you are missing a letter what makes the rrrr sound
Austin: Oh yes, I forgot the R - C-A-R-T
Austin: Mom, I know how to spell mart
Mom: Let me here it
Austin: M-A-R-T
Mom: Good job!
Austin: But I have a problem!!! (with excitement in his voice) I don't know how to spell visualization!
Mom: Uh! do what
Austin: visualization, how do I spell it
Mom: v-i-s-u-a-l-i-z-a-t-i-o-n -- where did you hear that word?
Austin: At school I am supposed to visualizing the pictures in my book but I don't so I need to learn to spell visualization to do it!
Mom: stunned and left without comment, still trying to figure out he even learned to say it let alone spell it.
Austin: mom, when do I become an angel?
Mom: still too stunned to speak and not ready for another round of angel conversations. Luckily we had pulled into the parking lot at speech! :-)

0 comments: