Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Alison was sick, NOT!

Got a call from the school nurse yesterday at 2:30 pm saying Alison was in there. She had got to coughing in class and spit up some stuff, no fever and they had her lay down in there but she wanted to come h0me. They asked me if I wanted to talk to her. I really wanted to say NO! Alison, what is wrong? I am sick please come get me! Can you not stay the next 40 mins that is left of the day? No! So, I got Mattie around and we went to get Alison at school. I really did not want to pick her up, she fakes sick so much we don't know what is fact or fiction. I really didn't think she was and knew it was tiredness because she has stayed up the night before worrying about the tests at school (ridiculous they put so much pressure on them in 2nd grade). Picked her up and asked her why she would pretend sick just when she was tired and that if it happened again I wouldn't be picking her up. She looked at me shocked and started to deny it. I think even she knew the gig was up! I made her come home and go to bed, no tv, no music, no books, nothing. I then became the meanest mom in the world! Oh well, it wasn't the first time and certainly won't be the last.

0 comments: