Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sickness and the call from the school!

Mattie is sick and has strep throat again! (should have had those tonsils out in December when we were told to do it!) She has a chest and sinus infection as well. She is running a high fever still today and we are doing breathing treatments as well. Hopefully, she will get better after today because I really feel (from past experiences) we are about 1 day away from a hospital stay with her and her breathing. The nebulizer purchase we made when Ali was little has become one of the most used appliances in our house and we paid for it several times over by now.

I had an email from Austin's teacher today: Austin is complaining of a stomach ache. We sent him to the bathroom and he said nothing happened there. Does this sound like what his sister has? Hmmmm, NO!

5 minutes later, call from the school nurse: Austin is here and needs to come home to use the bathroom he his jumping around in pain. He asked if he could come home just to use the bathroom. Just great! Load up the sick kid, run up to the school, check Austin out so he can come home and poop. Yes, people this is my life!

Austin explains on the way home that he cannot go to the bathroom at school because they do not allow him to take off his clothes and stand on the toilet to go. This has been something we are working on with him. We first have been working on sitting on the toilet and not squatting and when that is accomplished we will work on keeping our clothes on. I thought we were a little further along with this than we evidentally are. He normally holds it at school. They thought he was constipated, he was definitely not that. Letting him sit here a bit before I haul him back to school. I really don't think he is sick but at this point, who knows!

I was just telling Jon that I don't think I was cut out to not have a job and be a stay at home mom. I don't know what God is trying to impress upon me today that is encouraging BUT if it is that I need to stay home so my child can come home to poop then I get the point!

p.s. he is so going to not like me for posting this when he is older but I needed to vent! Off to give a breathing treatment. Wahoo!

1 comments:

Princess Louie Bean said...

one of the many reasons why i adore austin ;) ~ c,