Monday, February 4, 2008

Aunt Bette

The kids (and us) always received cards for every occasion from three people, Great Grandma Jane, Great-Great Aunt Alvene (Grma Jane's Sister) and Great-Great Aunt Bette (Grma Jane's other sister). Austin was telling me last night at bedtime that he wanted to go visit his Aunt Bette at her house. I was amused by this and a little taken aback that he would voice this. I told him she lived a long way away and that it probably would not be possible. He told me he didn't care how long it took he wanted to go visit "my aunt Bette at her house!" Again, I explained that it might not be possible. Austin said, but mom, I have never been there and I like going to my Aunt's house. I paused and said I understood. So this is his response, "Well, maybe since she is more older than me she can come visit my house!" Okay, Austin we will see about that.

This morning at breakfast Austin said, "Mom, don't forget we are calling Aunt Bette today after school to ask her to come to our house to visit on the airplane!" Great, now I have to come up with a phone number and he is going to be very sad when he finds out it probably isn't going to happen any time soon. :-( He sure does love getting those cards and his Valentine's card from Great-Great Aunt Bette Lu is posted proudly in his room.

0 comments: