Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Wine Black Cloud!!!

It is becoming a very sick joke that we have a huge black cloud over us. I was hoping it moved away but it appears the cloud is hanging around. Baby Ali (neighbors little girl 2 1/2 aka Mitchell's sister) was over and Mattie didn't realized that she was behind her and came into the house and slammed the door behind her. Well.... Baby Ali's hand was in it and almost chopped off the entire tip of her finger. I thought it was just cut and put it under the water. Much to my surprise the enter tip about fell off, hanging by a thread. Luckily, Big Ali was a lot of help getting the phone and getting her parents here quickly. Austin got the wet rag and Mattie a bowl of ice. I paced the house full of nerves and guilt that it happened on my watch for over an hour. Luckily, there was not any nerve damage and they don't think it is fractured. She received several internal stitches and more on the outside. About 10 in all.

I had called Jon because he was on his way home and told him to hurry up because baby Ali had cut off her finger and hung up on him. Ooops!! I was quite frantic. But her fingers are tiny and it looked like a lot of it to me!

0 comments: