Monday, May 19, 2008

The picture I didn't take today

A young couple in their 20's on a major street corner in Houston... not begging but trying to cross with 4 lanes of traffic. Pushing an umbrella stroller with baby about 6 months old. Guy black, with a red hat long dreads and a red shirt. Girl white, tall curly hair pulled back in a short pony, very pregnant... fanning herself from the heat. Neither of them speaking, it was odd they looked out of place but I can't put my finger on what they portrayed. He seemed protective of the baby he was pushing and there for the woman, they looked like a loving family. Neither carry a diaper bag. Frowns upon their faces... I wonder how they feed the baby. I wonder how they survive, where are they going , does anyone help them. I want to snap a picture and have my camera in hand but it doesn't seem right.

0 comments: