Sunday, May 11, 2008

Reality Sucks!

It is Mother's Day and there is this ideal about this day that it should be a wonderful day for every mom and every mom should get a break, get to do what she wants, be pampered, and so forth but the reality is... Does this and Can this really happen? For some yes, I think it can, and for me it has in the past and probably will again in the future but this is not one of those years.

One aspect of having a child on the autism spectrum is that some of these kids don't require much sleep and can go with for long periods without any. Austin slept all of maybe 4 hours last night and I am pretty sure that was not consecutive. He was wound up, wide awake, could not, and would not sleep from about 1 a.m. until 4 a.m. and after that who knows until I saw him again at 630 a.m. I am pretty sure he didn't sleep at all and we are paying for it today. He has literally screamed, rocked, been angry, overwhelmed, and downright frustrated and it is only 9:44 a.m. I am at my wits end, Jon is at his, his sisters are avoiding him as much as they can and I just want to crawl in a hole and pretend it is all NOT HAPPENING! So, reality SUCKS, I did not sign on for this and most days I can handle it and everything is okay but there are a few others where I am exhausted and just wish someone would come pick him up and take him to a happy place because I simple just cannot do it anymore.

1 comments:

Kris said...

I am sorry your day was rough! Hugs being sent your way!! I LOVE the letter below!